Agnostic.com

29 0

Ghosts are as mythical as God but what if an atheist believes in Ghosts.. I have an atheist friend in Australia who belives in ghosts

Flynn 3 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe we are energy and that ghosts can be imprints of that energy.

@Nango68 what exactly do you mean when you say that we are energy?

@Rodatheist Atomic principle. Protons are negatively charged particles surrounded by a positively charged electron field... If you take out all the space that the energy occupies, we are about half a cup of inert matter

Very good. It is actually the other way around: electrons have a negative charge. But it doesn’t matter, the point is well taken. There is energy holding the particles together. But what does that have to do with ghost? When we die, our atoms do not fly apart releasing energy. So, this scenario does not explain the initial statement of @Nango68. The question still stands: what exactly does @Nango68 mean by energy? And the response would have to be the first step to find out what does she mean that ghost are imprints of that energy. And as you can see, the next step is to define “imprint”.
I get strict with these type of pronouncements because they sound profound but they really don’t mean anything. And this is not an attack on @Nango68, wo actually looks in her picture as a nice and good nature person, not to mention her beautiful shoulders.

As I have said elsewhere, it amazes me that people who have figured out that gods are BS will still believe in other woo. Everybody, read Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan and learn many things, including why your senses are not trustworthy.

Another interesting reading is Michael Shermer “Why People Believe in Weird Things”

Absolutely... We have listened about ghosts since we were kids and our brain is so powerful to make us see anything that don't even exist.

great books!

I actually saw a ghost...did not know it at the time.. on my job in a brightly lighted fully-functioning cotton mill. Saw this woman for over an hour, of course I was running a winder at the time which needs attention, but she was steadily working across the way. When the boss came by I asked him who the new help was, he looked puzzled so I described her, features, clothing, age, what/where she was. He turned white as a sheet and stepped away from me (!). "That's Mz. (cannot remember) she ran that machine for over 30 years, passed about 6 years ago". Word went all over the mill, of course...one of her contemporaries, still employed there, told me she must have approved of how I was running the same machinery......she Too was fussy about her work. Too weird.

Weird

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.