Agnostic.com

2 2

Has anyone heard of the Doomsday Clock? I have read some, But do not know much how it came to be historically, who keeps track of the settings, and who determines the minutes in movement. Recently, they (whomever) moved the clock forward 30 seconds. Now the clock is set at 2 minutes to midnight. Midnight is Doomsday. What little I found to read in a hurry was it is kind of like a scientific equivalent to the end of days. (Biblical, I think). It was at some point at this setting before. It might have been the Cold War as they called it in the 50s. Then I guess life looked better, and the turned it back to no 2:00 minutes, but 2:30 seconds. /now we are back to 2:00 minutes.

AntaresRose 8 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ReaGUN was bragging "we begin bombing in 5 minutes" nuclear winter was predicted then doomsday now reflects oil polluters escalating climate change and NKPR nukes responding to TrumpOLINI making Fukushima worse

I have heard of it. No matter what the clock says I am glad I am not a teenager

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23734
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.