Agnostic.com

6 2

LINK A really good article about the lunatic fringe of vegans

I espouse the philosophy called aninatalism but I have no patience with some of the clowns described here. Sensible vegans must have the same problem with idiots who claim to be vegans and they have my sympathy.

Redcraze 4 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well just like everything else that’s come along in this world.
Eventually someone will come along and either corrupt it or make enemies with it.

I personally could never be a vegan but if that’s someone else’s thing then more power to them and more meat for me.
But these extremists just like PETA need to be checked by their peers and the rest of society as should all extremists.

But most likely someone will come along and fuck that up as well.?

I am a vegan. I do it for my own health. It works for me. I know some vegans that are as radical as religious freaks about what they eat, why they eat it, and how great they are because of their beliefs. All opinions have extremists. All groups have their fair share of assholes that make them look bad. I just say Fuck em. Let them be. I am happy with how my diet works for me, and glad I do not share their mental mindset

Eating vegan is a good thing. This article only illustrates that ANYTHING, good or bad, can be taken to extremes and become evil.

Suppose, for example, that agnostics and atheists go to an extreme, and demand that all theists be stoned to death. That would be taking a good thing to an evil extreme.

I am a vegetarian leaning toward vegan. It is my choice, and I respect other people's choices. I can sit down at a meal with my omnivore friends and relatives, and I will not object when they order a steak. I will not order meat, but I do not throw a tantrum when others do.

That was a good read. On that topic I say to each his/her own, people can and should live their lives as they please provided they do not seek to infringe on my way of life. On another note, I scrolled down and read the comments, your balanced assessment on both the political left and right are most appreciated. My own views lean heavily to the right, and being on a site like this where the majority appear to side with the left, things can get unpleasant on here at times. It's refreshing to read someone on here who acknowledges the good that the political right has to offer.

There will always be extremists, but the writer here seems just as bad, getting a bit frothy mouthed about the subject. Most vegans just quietly go about their daily business and their reasons for their choice is not always that simple. I have a vegan friend who simply objects to the appalling conditions many animals are kept in.

My daughter is vegan for the same reason, but she will cook meat for others

No vegan will make me quit wearing leather and eating meat. If they want to go that way, fine. Don't impose their thing on others.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:237954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.