Agnostic.com

2 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The biggest culprit is sugar and processed food. If you cut those out, it is remarkable how much better you will look and feel in about a month.

I'm there.

@EdEarl Hey---are you following any particular plan? Just curious to see how others are doing...

I have read your profile and you seem to be doing great with your weight loss!

@thinktwice I would like to know that myself, from both of you.

@Sticks48 I do keto...I found out that I am pretty much a carb addict and that my body does not process those well at all...once I did keto, I lost weight so quickly but with no skin sagging at all...I also do intermittent fasting...I did a lot of research on it and am convinced that it has helped more than what I ate because of something called autophagy...

You know what I look like...I am 65 with smooth skin and lots of energy...no inflammation...my last check up was fabulous..cholesterol was 157 even after eating butter, eggs, fatty meat and bacon!!! My glucose is 88.

I can send you links if you are interested...I don't want to sound like some sort of health nut, because I am not...I just researched and tried it and this was best for me.

@thinktwice Please do.

@Sticks48 I sent you a PM with a link to one of the better explanations...the one doctor I like sometimes goes too much into detail with biology and chemistry...I also did not want to send a fitness guru, although many say the same thing but just don't seem as credible...

feel free to PM me if you have questions or want more...one will lead to another and you could burn a day or more watching ha ha ha

@thinktwice, @Sticks48 See my post in Battling Obesity: [agnostic.com]

Yes! strive for ZERO sugar, it's poison. She's right you know! ^^^ ♥

@CaroleKay Zero added sugar is possible, but one should not eliminate fruit because it has sugar.

@CaroleKay artificial stuff is almost as bad since it can trigger responses that mimic sugar...do you do stevia? I try to get my sweet from natural sugars like blueberries and apples once in a while...

@EdEarl yes, if you are going to do sweet, natural is best...but it is still better to pick lower sugar fruits like berries...pineapples are the worst but I still eat it once in a while

@thinktwice True

@thinktwice Also, you're beautiful. I didn't know your age. I'll be 60 next month and the foods we consume make all the difference in the world. I have struggled with autoimmune disorders all my life and it took 50 years for me to finally figure out what was crippling me from an early age and it was simply what I was eating and what my parents were feeding me as a child. Hey, everybody's different, but the starchy carbs and sugar and even dairy wrecked me. I'm so happy I figured it out, I'm now healthy, strong, never really have been overweight, always perfect blood pressure, I just suffer joint damage from 50 years of dealing with joint disease, so I still have chronic pain but sugar is my enemy.

@EdEarl You are doing great...it is a process and can be frustrating...one day at a time!

@EdEarl No exactly, I should have been clear, processed sugar.

@thinktwice TY...frustratingly slow.

@thinktwice No, I do not use artificial anything and try to eat mainly fresh, organic food.

@thinktwice I have been eating organic for several years due to Glycophosphate found in everything. That made a difference in itself.

@CaroleKay At least you found out and did something...many choose to suffer...I say choose because we can control what we put in our mouths...

I have Lyme Disease...sugar will trigger it...I get it...being human, of course, I want a cookie or a piece of candy...but I pay for it and i know I will..

The Intermittent fasting is what I credit for skin not aging...I truly have so few wrinkles that my doctor won't even give me botox...ha ha ha...

So, you're saying I am doomed? Not news, sadly........

Anne, we are all doomed, but if we want we can postpone the inevitable.

@EdEarl my Dad had a massive heart attack at 53, my Mom lived until 92, but not really "here". Both of those scenarios have their good points, IMO. AMND I am firmly of the opinion that when it is your time, you are going, one way or the other. Example: the runner, Jim Fixx.

@AnneWimsey Who or what sets "your time?" It sounds like you believe in a god, but your profile says otherwise. I'm confused.

@EdEarl if there was a gawd, I would hate him/her/it with a deep passion! However, not a minute wasted on nothing. I do believe when it is your time, you go...nothing whatsoever to do with religion or gawd, just an observation from my life...horrendous accidents, industrial or otherwise, where they should have been mangled beyond recognition, yet walked off with an ankle sprain, for example. Genetic clock, maybe? Just seen it, believe it......do not believe some entity causes it......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:239534
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.