Agnostic.com

8 0

Which religion were you first presented with?

• 23 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
Coolynn 4 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My grandparents were Mennonite, I recently found my 87 year old dad's cradle enrollement fromt he Mennonite district meeting house they belonged to when he was born. As a small girl I think Grandma was working to indcotrinate me into the rules of the Mennonite by quoting Corithians to me regarding long hair for girls among others. I was like 5 years old. They told stories from back in the day when they were part of that life. Some were intersting about various folks who broke the rules of that Church District. I still retain enough of the characteristics in my ways that people recognize the Mennonite background even though I myself was never one.

My household wasn't very religious to begin with so it was not something I was born into, however my great grandmother's version of Christianity was my first full exposure through a presbyterian church she went to. I didn't get along with the sunday school teacher though, too many questions even as a young child, so I usually just sat with her and listened to the sermon and music. Even in school there enough kids had religious parents that Christianity was pretty much the first thing I ran across even there. It's kind of difficult to grow up in the states and not run across it early on, even if born into another religion.

AmyLF Level 7 Feb 15, 2018

I was raised Lutheran but got over it

Pentecostal. The bottom feeders of the Protestants. Holy Rollers. Screaming and shouting. Speaking in tongues. Foaming at the mouth. Going into psychotic trances.

None of the above.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 14, 2018

Christian. I was just like a lot Christian. I cherry pick certain Bible verse and ignore the rest.

The Eastern Orthodox Church. Priests can get married, orthodox people cross themselves in the opposite direction of catholics. They love blaming atheist doctrine and ideology for Stalin's killing spree. But of course atheists don't have doctrines 🙂. Nor is living life without a god synonymous with immoral.

Never confuse doctrines with morals, good lesson to learn from all of it.

Catholicism, specifically. It's pretty on the surface. Only on the surface.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24047
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.