Agnostic.com

2 2

Today was celebrated as v-day (vagina-day) in many places in australia, maybe the world. I went in my all-red garb to the main beach in byron bay in the early morning, where a flash mob was performed, & then off into the surf, skinny-dipping. THE FUN! THE FREEDOM!

how do you understand the one-billion-rising movement? for me it is inclusive, not only addressing violence (& here foremost sexual violence) against women, but any sort of bullying, threatening, extorting, hurting children, women & men. it is the start of a new awareness: let's be kind to each other, & we will be met with love. a few men showed up, & I was glad for it.

so what is your take on raising the level of awareness & compassion for other as a public global movement?

walklightly 8 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think its good but really think the most important others are creatures and habitat due to humans. it should be overpopulation awareness week or slip a rubber on it week.

we could have that as well - at easter, the spring craze of copulating like rabbits, maybe? 🙂

well I'm definitely up for the practising

L 😀 L @LeighShelton

practice makes perfect lol x

As a man I have stopped tolerating inappropriate behaviour from others of my gender towards women. I have also instituted a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment for my employees. I has also, urged organizations and associations I belong to to do the same. I have had a zero tolerance for domestic violence in my rental properties written into the rental agreements.

thank you, @HeathenFarmer, this is a brave & important step. men shall not be ostracised; we want to work on this together.

@walklightly It is us men that need to make the biggest changes.

@HeathenFarmer, & i don't envy you for it. i actually reckon the system has to be toppled & fully replaced. may get a bit messy in between.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24200
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.