Agnostic.com

9 1

What fiction made a big impact on you? For me, I happened to stumble on No Country for Old Men in the local Library - I was at that time a huge film watcher so I'd never heard of Cormac McCarthy - the book bowled me over. It opened my eyes to the power of literature.

Eltopoman 4 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dracula. The book, not the movies. It was the first time I saw "evil" in a psychological drama, and not just some mindless killing demon.

middlesex

Fantastic film. I love special effects.

A Clockwork Orange movie version when I was about 24. The ending made me realize in order to get thru life easier you've got to play the game, sad yes I know. I read the book and the ending was different, really a mediocre ending. The author hated the movie directed by Stanley Kubrick, claiming it ruined his novel.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Recently I would say Postsingular and Hylozoic by Rudy Rucker science faction - lecturer in pure math -

Mrs. Doubtfire. It confirmed just how much men love their children. I was going through a custody battle at the time.

When I was 8, I received the complete works of Shakespeare and Edgar Allan Poe. Took me a while to get through them all, but they made an impact.
When I was about 12, I read "Children of Morrow" by Helen Mary Hoover.
That was when I started understanding the concept of a dystopian society, and genetic manipulation.
Deep stuff for a 12-year-old, but it stuck with me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.