Agnostic.com

2 1

Final arrangements

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but I'll go for it anyway. I recently attended my grandmother's funeral and her service, like many others, was religious based. The words delivered by the pastor were quite comforting but it had me thinking, what would my service look like? How do we, as non-believers, plan our funerals? What words would we want people to say to our family and friends to comfort them? Just curious if anyone else has had these thoughts.

bunylove7 3 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think having some type of memorial service is helpful for family and friends. In the past year I have had the opportunity to facilitate two secular memorial services. If you check on line they have examples of secular services and possible a list of people in your area that can help. Step 1 is to write out your wishes and share with family.
Take Care!!!!!

Nope. I'll be dead, don't care. Cremate me throw the ashes in the dumpster get on with your lives

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:242936
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.