Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Bill Maher talks to an Ex-Mormon - Real Time - YouTube

This is pretty old (at least 6 years ago),

snytiger6 9 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As an ex-Moron myself (oops, I mean ex-Mormon), I enjoyed this clip. However, I think I could have done a better job lambasting that ridiculous, fraudulent religion. Of course, all religions are ridiculous and fraudulent, but Moronsim (oops, Mormonism) takes the cake.

I imagine that you are a real fan of Moroni, right?

@mordant The Mormons have a Melchesidek priesthood, named after Melchesidek, and an Aaronic priesthood named after Aaron. If there were a priesthood named after Moroni, it would be aptly called the Moronic priesthood. 😀

I think he probbly held back becaus ehe likely had relatives who were still members. If he really laid into the Mormon church it might have caused a lto of family strife. Three of my five siblings are still Mormon, and I held bakc for a while. NHow if it came up I would nto hold back. Perhaps I just no longer wish to enable their belifs by keepign quiet.

@snytiger6 I think you are right. He was probably holding back for the sake of family and friends. I have done the same thing. Still, when I am with old Moron (oops, Mormon) family and friends, I keep politely quiet rather than bombard them with truths that they will not hear anyway. It's like they have their fingers in their ears, and they're saying, "la la la la la" as loud as they can. They do not want to examine their foundations, for fear that they will be proved wrong.

@BestWithoutGods It's kind of like an unspoken game. They keep their religious convesations general, an ddont' ask specific quesions when aroudn us apostates.

Is tht because they re3spect our lack of beliefs, or is it because they dont'/ want us challenging theri beliefs?

I do my best not to hang around Mromons. Can't avoid family, but I dont' need any others hanging about.

@snytiger6 I doubt that a staunch Mormon would respect the opinions of a non-Mormon. Inwardly, the Morons roll their eyes at people who do not accept their beliefs. Their church teaches them to avoid conversations that bring their beliefs into question. So, whenever anyone challenges the foundations of their faith, they will change the subject, or find an excuse to leave the conversation.

I understand not wanting to be around Mormons that aren't family. The more I converse with them, the more agitated they get. And they refuse to think for themselves. They place blind trust in whatever the church teaches. So, it's a lose-lose situation.

@BestWithoutGods Generally no, they woudl nto respect the beliefs of non-Mormons. However if a person were known to be related to a Mormon, as in a family member, then they would at least be polite and say nothing. At least hat is a part of Mormon culture I remember growing up Mormon.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:243347
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.