Agnostic.com

6 3

Meeting people

Where does one go to find single women? Specifically around my age. I am 53 and am not just going to walk up to every female I might be attracted to and ask their relationship status. How does one go about that? Most of my life has been in a relationship. I am going on 2 years single now.I am pretty shy and am not just going to walk up to someone and start asking personal questions. There is bound to be a place where they would seek me out or be more open to a encounter where they are openly displaying they are single. Any ideas of where I could go to get the ball rolling?

NFAguy53 7 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If anyone figures it out, let me know.

Take Group Partnered Dancing Classes. Able men are always on demand.

Is there something you enjoy doing? Take a class, join a choir or a hiking club. Look at Meetups to find things people gather to do together. Be a friend and make friends -- then if something more is possible you're ready for it.

If you want to know all about someone's relationship status before asking, you can use social media. Or google their names beforehand.

But there are single meet ups you can join, dancing classes for sure, any group that does things you enjoy that isn't gender specific, such as bird photography, book clubs, hiking, senior citizens that organize trips to local attractions and entertainment, etc.
That's where I met my most successful matches, although I met some great people on dating sites as well.

Check the bulletin board, virtual or real, of your local library for group notifications.

I am at a loss too, I've tried dating sites without much luck.....I usually only date when a friend fixes me up with someone.....but that has been a dry well lately too.....

@Infoguy211 I have had zero luck on dating sites, mostly people catfishing....

@Infoguy211 yes, I also get fake profiles with a picture of a guy in military fatigues, and he is a widowed single father..... and they are obviously fake profiles....

@Infoguy211 I agree, great conversations!!! And it seems like everyone respects others opinions even if they are different from their own.....

Try OkCupid. Take the time and effort to make a good profile that doesn't seem desperate, answer a few hundred questions, and see what you can find. Get a selfie stick or have a friend take pictures for you. Guns in the background isn't a good look for dating. The camera being above your head will make your face look slimmer...

[nytimes.com]

White Settlement, TX? That might be part of the problem...

And if you're a believer, this isn't the right place. Good luck!

Maybe that’s what you need to work on ... anger. Women can feel it, it’s off putting. Don’t get angry now! Lol and yes I’m a lefty Democrat so no need to bother responding. @NFAguy53

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.