Agnostic.com

4 4

I spent Valentine's day walking around the small town I live in, listening to music and taking photos. Although I was alone, I didn't feel lonely. I was with someone I love doing things that make me happy. Win win! ????

Katastrophe1969 6 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like a fine day! Glad you enjoyed it and could resist the social pressure of the event.

As for me, as it happened I had a very full schedule and really didn't have time to stop doing things all day. I was barely conscious that it was Valentine's Day, but I was conscious that it was Ash Wednesday as the Catholic church across the street from my house had a jam-packed parking lot all day long, which caused me some inconvenience while running my errands.

That's awesome! Have a good time by yourself! I'm mug mothers caregiver, and we had a very nice day!

Sounds like me, all the time.
Except that in Thailand, going out the door of my apartment means I'm interacting in society; exchanging brief pleasantries with apartment building staff, friends, and vendors, etc. Thai leave you alone unless you indicate you are open to interact.

Because of my age (65) I'm usually the oldest person around, so don't have to greet or "wai" anyone else, and can choose to respond or not. I simply respond to greetings in kind..a nod to someone who nods to me, a Thai upper chest height wai, if they have wai'd me first, etc.

I don't think you should ever feel obligated to act a certain way or do certain things on holidays or "special days". It's just an arbitrary date someone thought it was a good idea to pick.

Just be happy, do what you enjoy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24433
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.