Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK MoveOn Petitions - Shut down the immigrant children's prison

This is not nazi germany... yet. let's not let our country go further down this awful road.

g

genessa 8 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just wish that we’d put more effort into fixing what was wrong with their country first

we broke their countries! but we really need to fix ours too.

g

@genessa Exactly we broke their countries!
And yes we need to fix ours as well but that means that the neighbors need to wait a little before coming over to hang out at our pool because right there’s a big turd in it.

I’m just saying that the caravan push wasn’t the best decision anyone could’ve had and I’d like to see us allow some more people in but between our government and the social climate it’s just not a smart idea to come here.

Maybe in 6 months but we’ve got people that are damn near ready to go live where they came because it’s so unstable here and I personally feel that it’s only going to get uglier real soon.

@48thRonin since they're facing immediate death where they are, i don't think they can wait.

g

@genessa Well as they say at the bar
“ you ain’t gotta go home but you can’t stay here! “

But seriously though why us? Why no other country near them like Mexico for instance?
This is why a lot of the brexit people got the support that they did because they looked at a MAP and had to ask why was it that the wealthiest Muslim nations weren’t taking any of those refugees but Britain was expected to start a small city with theirs?

And honestly I’m not buying the immediate death since their country has been jacked up for over a year now.
But anyway it is what it is I say let’s trade all of Guatemala can move to Detroit and all of Detroit can move down there and GM can open up a couple plants for them everything will balance itself out.

@48thRonin i suggest you explore current events and history more fully because it would take me way too long at this hour when i am tired and sleepy to explain it all in detail. i'm not trying to be insulting. i mean it. you have your doubts about their danger. your doubts have no effect on the actual danger, which is real.

g

@genessa No it’s not that I’m unaware of anything current it’s that I’m confused and kinda concerned that I don’t hear anything about the people in our country.
Yes trump’s brand of nationalism is dangerous but we tend to at least it seems purposely forget those who live in our country.
We send money or troops everywhere else and now we’re re willing to take on our government over a planned and possibly paid for by some political pac caravan of Guatemalans.

When we ignored what was happening at the stand off with Dakota pipeline and if having a life threatening existence is a qualifier to run to another country’s border then the residents of flint Michigan needed to a couple of years ago.

So I’ll just go ahead and say this. Do I care for them yes do I care for them as much as the in my own country no I don’t nor do I believe that they deserve any better treatment or assistance from our government just for showing up.
There it is so fix their country so that they can either apply to come here or they won’t feel the need to come unless it’s on vacation.

@48thRonin seriously you do not hear anything about people in our country (who, by the way, BENEFIT from the presence of immigrants)? what are you reading/listening to, that you do not hear anything about the people in our country? i hear about us all the time.

as for caring for people less because they were born elsewhere... sorry, but that is not a distinction i make when children are locked up (IN OUR COUNTRY, and what does that do to the psyche of the people who were born in our own country? what does that make us?) or when children die needlessly (IN OUR COUNTRY, wherever they happen to have been born). and your premise that they should only come on vacation when they can't even afford SHOES....

you make me sad..

g

@genessa Sorry that you’re only able to see this in one way but when it comes to our own citizens that are suffering themselves they shouldn’t be back burnered to people who assume that we owe them what others had to suffer for generations to get.

So I do empathize with them but that’s it our government along the other surrounding governments should work to create better conditions for people who live in these countries so that they’ll be inclined to grow and improve their own countries.

And I’m not ignorant to how migrants help us and our economy but most of them have their paperwork get the job done and go home. And as far as locking up children well that was a shitty idea that was meant to be a deterrent but strangely turned into magnet for more to come.

But I’ll tell you what if you feel that I’m wrong then go and at least work a day to day job in a bario here in the U S and then ask yourself just how much of an improvement was it.

Actually there’s an even better solution force our government to legalize marijuana and decriminalize other drugs so that way some poor bastard from south of the border won’t feel compelled to feed his family by backpacking 80lbs of meth into our country.

And if you’re still sad then turn off your newsfeed’s and go someplace that’s media free or go find some people in your area that need help with food and shelter because of the games that our government plays and assist them.
That’s all I have to say about this

@48thRonin your suggestions regarding me, personally, are rude and, pardon me for saying so, ignorant. you have no idea what i have done in my life or what my experience is, and your suggestion that i should bury my head in the sand to avoid being sad, rather than fighting for what will improve conditions all around, is despicable. that's all you have to say about this? good for you, and good for me too, because that's all i have to hear from you about this. when you get personal, i get blocking.

g

Horrible SHAMEFUL time in our history!!!

indeed. and it reminds me of something... can't imagine what....

g

@genessa starvation ghettos? Cattle cars? Oh, wait, Concentration camps........

@AnneWimsey i knew it was something!

let's not forget internment camps.

especially let's not forget who is making this dreadful thing happen!

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:244849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.