Agnostic.com

31 11

Why can’t religious people understand that atheism isn’t a religion?

It’s so annoying when they try to argue with you and say otherwise. I keep getting stupid theist on atheist YouTube channels leaving comments about how atheism is just another religion, trying to debate atheist and agostics. I don’t understand why they just can’t stay away from atheist channels, anyway. Like what are they doing here.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religious leaders have convinced them so

Cult perpetrators

They are so invested in their religion and have such low self esteem, because they only equate their self worth in terms of 'God loves me even though I'm unworthy."they cannot grasp that people can function without religion.

JimG Level 8 Feb 15, 2018

Low self esteem is an understatement. ...cult victims believe they deserve eternal burning of their flesh painfully and accept any version of the heaven bribes to mitigate such zero self worth

Religion is part of their make-up. It is their lens, and everything is viewed through that. So there's cognitive bias there. A second part is they think it allows them to create an equivalence between the two positions -> both require faith if both are religions, so it's a push. No - it isn't. As Bill Maher said, atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position.

It is for the exact same reason they don't see that their religion is an alternate reality.

Cause they need to think, that cause they were so brainwashed by whatever religion they were raised in that you need it in your life, if that makes sense

Hahaha! Desperate much!!!

Group think is a big part of Religion. They go to church and act as a community. There are rules that they enforce on anyone that wants to be part of that community. It is completely alien to them that we could agree on one thing and act as a community without everyone having to follow the same set of rules. The amount of questions I here that start with, 'Do atheist believe', is ridiculous. Some of them honestly believe that there is a sacred text we all follow. That we actual follow scientist in the same way they follow preachers. It's the way their world works and they are unable to comprehend the idea that we don't need all those rules.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.