Agnostic.com

31 11

Why can’t religious people understand that atheism isn’t a religion?

It’s so annoying when they try to argue with you and say otherwise. I keep getting stupid theist on atheist YouTube channels leaving comments about how atheism is just another religion, trying to debate atheist and agostics. I don’t understand why they just can’t stay away from atheist channels, anyway. Like what are they doing here.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cause they need to think, that cause they were so brainwashed by whatever religion they were raised in that you need it in your life, if that makes sense

Hahaha! Desperate much!!!

Religion is part of their make-up. It is their lens, and everything is viewed through that. So there's cognitive bias there. A second part is they think it allows them to create an equivalence between the two positions -> both require faith if both are religions, so it's a push. No - it isn't. As Bill Maher said, atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position.

Why can't atheists understand that religion isn't a rational thought and people who subscribe to it should not be assumed to be operating rationally?

One of my faults, I guess. I think by now I should know they don’t know any better and I should know better and just ignore them.

Atheism, which even though is the lack of religion, is still a point of view on religion. Just as Christianity is its own point of view on religion or Islam is.

I know religious people like to go on atheist sites for debates. As annoying as they are, they keep us thinking in my view. Otherwise it would be an echo chamber.

There is no making sense of the insane. ....whatever they "believe" is the opposite of our lack of belief. ....their hairstyle is NOT OUR BALDNESS. ...IF an Atheist walks into a believer congregation and starts arguing how stupid they are THE CRIME IS TRESPASSING and harassment. .... but if believers make it inside www.agnostic.com and trolls us we are not allowed to jail the bastards

Insert philosophical debate, devil's advocacy, here... which likely would've looked like 'them'... 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.