Agnostic.com

8 9

Always a party going on in Thailand!

For two days the air has been filled the noise of exploding bunches of firecrackers, celebrating Chinese Lunar New Year's Day.

People are wearing red and gold Chinese style shirts, and the shops are filled with their bright colors, like these near the Sapsin market.
I used to buy Chinese shirts as well, but since I plan to leave soon, I didn't this year.

birdingnut 8 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Our favorite Chinese restaurant is celebrating this Sunday... Should be interesting to see what they do..

That's it! I'm moving to Thailand. Lol.

You'd definitely pass for Thai..even I do!

@birdingnut Cool.

Here are photos of the apartment building staff today, showing their red Chinese New Year theme shirts, and me wearing my red Thailand shirt, to show solidarity with the color, of least.

Larger buildings usually make the ground floor into a parking area, in case of flooding, so we are under the building.

I’m always happy to learn of ‘another culture’s’ festivities, especially if they hadn’t been displaced or corrupted by some christian myth 😉 Party on 😀

Varn Level 8 Feb 15, 2018

Happy New Year: ???? (x?n nián kuài lè😉
????????????????? sùk-s?n wan bpii mài

...ok.. using my ‘approval powers’ here ..don’t make me regret it -- or explain 😉

@Varn You have it right, and it's the Year of the Dog!

Next get ready for Songkran in April. How to drown in the streets when it's incredibly hot and not a drop of rain. Now that's one to avoid. What a country!

It's my favorite holiday! An entire country having water fights in the streets on the hottest day of the year? Yes, please!
FUN FUN FUN! I usually grab my motorbike and cruise the beach front behind the dueling pickup trucks full of people armed with super soaker guns so I can get soaked in the crossfire, then head into the ocean for a swim afterward!

Truck to truck water fight along Samila Beach last year during Songkran

@birdingnut, i used to love it; thai people having fun like children? GOLD!

@birdingnut I did all that sort of thing, almost got drowned with my gf going around the mote in Chiang Mai, but after a few years like a lot of expats there I would hide away until the evening. All just too crazy, and not a little dangerous. I guess it just wore off. I could show you a pic of me walking around with a water pistol that would have made Dirty Harry's day. TIT @walklightly

@David1955 Like these Thai kids? I took these photos along Samila Beach road last year.

So fun! I love Chinese new year

Sacha Level 7 Feb 14, 2018

It's a ton of fun. I'd drive my motorbike behind dueling pickup trucks on the beach front so I could get wet in the cross-fire!

Happy New year

Thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.