Agnostic.com

5 3

How about creating our own fairy tales for children ?

Children need some kind of fantasy. If its from religious text , they may stick to that in future and will go religious.
Instead of taking that risk , why can't we just make our own stories. We came from stardust and we are going to be stardust. That kind of stuff..

Baggio 2 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They have done. It's called Doctor Who. Seriously, look up the impact it's been having on kids for decades, now.

Didn't Ron L. Hubbard do that?

grimm and andersen did not write religious stories (there may be exceptions but the vast majority of their work had no religious overtones). there is nothing wrong with writing new fairy tales, but the ones already written are pretty darned good too!

g

There is a wonderful and growing wealth of fantasy fiction available, much of which is very secular in origin, think of Philip Pullman and others. But it is true that in the arts and heritage generally the secular movements are far behind the churches and temples. However, that is only because they have a multi-thousand year head start so we will catch up in the end. So in the mean time, get writing, painting, compose music, and design buildings to express the glories of reason, skeptic thinking and science, it does not have to be great art, everyones contribution is worth while, if only because it adds to the growing movement, and you may even get lucky, like the humble country flute player who inspired Mozart, to be the trigger for something bigger.

I reckon you heard of my uncles stories to my children... I can;t wait to one day tell new stories to my future grandchildren... Ha, he, ha.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:245805
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.