Agnostic.com

6 2

LINK Decades of data suggest parenthood makes people unhappy

It’s great when science backs up what we already know ?

SkotlandSkye 8 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I never wanted to have children. I work very hard at it every day to raise amazing people. I’m incredibly glad I did and I’ve loved almost every minute of it.

The idyllic days of being a couple,sleeping in,doing impulsive things,are suddenly dashed on the rocks of despair,by a demanding small,smelly,noisy person.This condition will persist for many years,until the child moves out...

I don't think it is parenthood itself, but unrealistic expectations of children which don't come to pass. Kids want to make thier own lives, nto have their parents tell them what or how to be.

While I am in no way unhappy from being a parent, I know that if I could do it over again, I would not marry and I would not have children.

The great majority of parents agree with that—-if given the chance for a do over, they would remain child free

I stayed at home with my boys for ten years until they both were in school. Hands down the most difficult job I'll ever have. I can't think of many greater stressors than assuming responsibility for another life 24/7 that is largely dependent upon those charged with their care. And we all know how stress correlates to well being.

its a hard job

It’s not a “job”.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:247181
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.