Agnostic.com

10 0

How many of you Lost a Relative or a Loved One to Gun Violence on U.S.A

This is for those who lost someone in the U.S.A. And do you believe in ownership of guns? Explain the purpose if you do.

GipsyOfNewSpain 9 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Grandfather and cousin committed suicide

I am sorry for those gone. My ex wife half brother took his life due problems with his wife. I could never do it because will change the DNA of my children. Is Never Easy.

I've had one friend murdered and one friend murdered his wife and her boyfriend now serving two life sentences

I am sorry... I lost many friends and family to gun violence... some for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I have 2 sisters-in-laws who lost 2 nephews in Vegas attack. My niece did not attend, even though she bought a ticket, 'had to return to work. Tragic and close to home.

I am so sorry... I been living in Las Vegas with my son. But I been hanging out for too long in Maryland/DC. I called my son soon I found out.... but he had already texted me with an "I am Okay text" and so did his mother and one of his sisters texting he was okay. I didn't found out 'till the morning what all those text meant... he was out but his circles are more of small dance venues outside of the tourist traps, where locals hang out. So Sorry! We need to Stop the Madness.

Didnt lose her but my Mom worked at the Standard Gravure/Courier Journal, the site of the Prozac shooting. I can't remember how many were killed but the guy had an AK 47

I am sorry for your lost... the "gun pushers" will always mention that guns are like a car and we are never trying to get cars more regulated despite all deaths by cars. Actually it is easier to purchase a gun than a car and a car is never the weapon of choice of a "coward", guns are. america being america.

@GipsyOfNewSpain she was there but not shot. saw it all. but thanks

@btroje Glad for that but it is so traumatic to any human being. And to witness it all is not a good experience.

@GipsyOfNewSpain she is a strange person. didnt bother her much at all

@btroje Sometimes the only way you can be Strong.... is being Strange.

@GipsyOfNewSpain she got in an arguement with security because she wanted to go back in the building to see the bodies. I can only call that strange

@btroje Last sight. I remember seeing two electrocuted bodies in my lifetime... both as a child. One that climbed a power tower and grabbed the wrong cable. Other climbed a tree and cutting avocados with a stick and machete and the stick fell on power lines and he stepped on the stick to avoid from falling. The barefooted body was still in contact with the stick. I was a child, everybody went to see them. I seen bodies shot. I passed by a certain place and a guy kneeling grabbing his belly. Waiting for the ambulance. in the middle of the street. I just kept walking without looking twice. Later I found out he died, Iess than 2 weeks before we had been sitting in the back of a car next to each other. My grandfather died in my arms in an emergency room. Sometimes you want to see and remember what you see, other times you don't want to know. Life is Strange, but is Life.

My uncle was shot by a German protecting a tank factory in WW2

War is Hell... for civilians and military alike. Thank your uncle for his service.

he is dead

Explain, please. I don't know of any U.S. tank factories in Europe in WWII. Was your uncle a Brit?

yes sorry my mistake

I lost a nephew, former basketball player, martial arts black belt pro bodyguard, shot to death in the back. I will melt every single gun not in the hands of military or police. Hunters and collectors included.

Unfortunately guns will always be misused by some people, the same as cars and a lot of other things. Often a gun is your only means of defense. I have serious problems with people trying to take my guns and will fight to keep them. If you want to give yours up be my guest as I’m keeping mine.

@Trajan61 Your guns, your problems. Most people that drown know how to swim.

My guns have never been a problem for anyone, what are you talking about?

My late wife.

I have nothing against gun ownership, but access to guns by violent, mentally ill people should be curtailed.

Not possible without new gun laws. Eliminate automatic weapons for a start.

Agreed@Theresa2018

My ex husband killed his girlfriend and himself. We had been divorced for many years and I last saw him at our daughter's wedding about four years ago. She was totally devastated that her father had done this horrible thing. I had met the girlfriend at the wedding and she was very sweet.

I have never lost a relative to gun violence. I am an owner of a shotgun and 2 rifles. I will NEVER own a pistol or an assault weapon.

Even though I fired "expert" with an assault weapon in the US Army, IU am totally against private ownership of all assault weapons. I am also against private ownership of all automatic and semiautomatic weapons, including pistols. I totally oppose "open carry" and favor only special permits for concealed carry based on possible danger. I also oppose all gun shows.

I've been shot once. One of my friends was murdered. That's why I carry a gun.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24768
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.