Agnostic.com

7 6

It's time to re-impose Reagan's ban on the manufacture and sale of all assault-type weapons. It worked until it expired. Need to make the next one permanent. And before anyone tries to argue against it, fuck you, you shouldn't be able to have them. I don't want to hear your lame-ass bullshit. My comment is not open for debate. It is not an 'argument'. It is a simple statement of fact.

KKGator 9 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was Bill Clinton rather than Reagon who got a so called assault weapons bill passed and he paid for it when the democrats lost the house in the next election. When G. W. Bush became president congress allowed it to expire as it solved nothing. The liberals are obcessed with gun control but thanks to the NRA of which I am a life member the gun control idiots have been beaten back and will likely continue to be beaten back. Obama was a gun control nut and and idiot on a lot of other things as well but gun sales sky rocketed to all time highs during his 2 terms as he scared people and rightfully so!

Thank you for the correction. It was Clinton, and not Reagan.

It is hard to find anything that is more obvious and yet, the US is probably the only country where this is so hard to get done. To me, this is a mystery that is almost bigger than the mystery of why so many people believe in religious fairy tales.

Isn't it strange how mental illness hardly ever massacres people in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom?

Duke Level 8 Feb 16, 2018

I fully agree, and indeed it should be permanent. But it should be only a first step. Not to lay back and think the problem is solved. No, making steps to also alter the constitution, or at least make an amendment by setting specific limits for what kind of weapons are allowed under the constitution.

Gert Level 7 Feb 16, 2018

REAgun did not borrow 7 trillion dollars from China. ...our interest payments alone is paying for 2 new aircraft carriers per year building up the Chinese Navy while we are wasting 100 billion on submarines that do only one thing : launch ICBM nuke warheads. ...my point is the true meaning of 2nd Amendment people having guns ready to defend Pennsylvania from invading Virginia or California invaded by China

I don't care what you think the "true meaning" of the Second Amendment is.
ALL assault weapons must be banned. I'm sick of hearing the arguments against it.
What's going on in this country is insane, and it needs to stop. One way to begin that is to ban all the manufacture and sale of all assault-type weapons. There are no arguments to justify anything else. There just aren't.

@KKGator USA SELLS more "small arms" to more countries than all other gun selling countries combined. ...a USA ban will just increase the black market of guns crossing our borders now... wasting time upon hatred of a single style of gun delays full funding for mental health and education of all people to keep guns out of sicko peoples hands. ...demanding Congress do the local job for us is a dodge not a solution

@GreenAtheist I'm not saying that the assault weapons ban is the ONLY thing to be done. There are a number of actions that must be taken, but I am adamant that the ban must be reinstated. Every single mass shooting that has taken place since the ban expired has been carried out by an AR-15 style weapon. We've got a long way to go, but we must start somewhere.

@KKGator Southern California is full of heavily armed illegal alien latino gangs and a million Americans there will not give up their most effective urban warfare weapons and will buy ammo on the black market if banned by the ADAMANT. ...SELF DEFENSE is real and the families of shooters must be held liable for shootings not prevented NOT DISARMING Americans the FBI also did nothing when the FL shooter was anonymously reported long ago

I was sickened hearing comments about we have to figure out what happened before we can change any law. WHat happened was a bunch of innocent people got killed by a gun again.Saying this or that law couldnt prevent it is meaningless. THere are multiple avenues to address this malady and each one will have a percentage effect.Seat belts don't prevent all deaths in car crashes but there is a reason we use them, have speed limits and the multitude of other things that go into trying to make driving safer. The only analogy here being multiple interventions.

Reinstating the assault weapons ban would be a really excellent start.

@KKGator yeah like Reagan said (loosely quoted) these kinds of weapons are not needed for defense of home and family. My mom was in the building where the "prozac shooting" happened around 1989 SHe talked about people being blown out of their clothing and holes through concrete walls. It seemed surreal then and still does to me

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for members of the public to be able to own assault weapons. I wasn't aware Reagan had introduced such a ban - I was never a fan of the man, but I respect that.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 15, 2018

There are vital reasons why Americans need assault weapons for home and community defense. ...the Florida and Sandy Hook shooters were the mentally ill kids allowed to have guns by their families. ...blame those responsible NOT LAWFULLY ARMED AMERICANS. ..ReaGUN was an incompetent oaf who got our Marines killed in a Beirut hotel unprotected from a huge truck bomb like MURRAH FEDERAL BUILDING

I'm well aware that the vast majority of American gun owners are law-abiding, reponsible people. However, you yourself say that mass shootings have been carried out by "mentally ill kids allowed to have guns by their families" - so, have much tighter controls on gun ownership, problem solved.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24794
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.