Agnostic.com

8 21

Saw this on FB. I've had similar thoughts

Livinlife 9 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Works for me.

Indeed it just sounds like an excuse to do fuck all but seems good doing it.

"thoughts and prayers" is a kind expression because it is typically an attempt to show compassion. However, it is extremely overused in social media, and taking real action is definitely a preferable alternative. Now when someone says they are praying for me when I'm truly struggling with something I wanna lose my mind . . .

Yes. I try to keep it in mind that people are just trying to show compassion. It's not working though and people need to realize that

Someone says "Thoughts and prayers" but what I hear is "Bugger off. Doesn't concern me. Leave me alone."

That's just code for "I'm not going to do anything about regulating guns."

Anytime someone says that they will pray for me, I tell them that prayers strike me as disingenuous inasmuch as they don't cost anything...I would rather they give me twenty dollars instead. Then I know that they really care.

Right?

Everytime I hear of another shooting..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24896
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.