Agnostic.com

37 7

Which bible story for you was the most comedic?

Mine would probably have to be the one where god asked Ezekiel to bake his bread with feces. I think while I was reading that one, I busted out laughing during a sermon in church when I should have been paying attention to the pastor.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The walls of Jericho collapsing as a result of sound was just laughable.

God Moons Moses.
Exodus 33:18-34:9
18 Moses said, “Please show me your glory.” 19 And he said, “I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name ‘The Lord.’ And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.” 21 And the Lord said, “Behold, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock, 22 and while my glory passes by I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back, but my face shall not be seen.”

The whole thing is twisted.

The story about Jesus resurrecting ,you know becoming the first zombie, yes, after being tortured for days on end nailed to a cross and eventually dying, through the help of the Holy Spirit the giant rock moved from his tomb and he ascended into heaven. Wow!

The story of The Tower of Babel. This is where all the languages of the earth were born. God was actually afraid the people would build a tower that could reach heaven so he made them speak different languages to prevent them from communicating. I guess god wasn't powerful enough to stop our spaceships.

I think maybe this one is the funniest:
"In the morning, as Jesus was returning to Jerusalem, he was hungry, and he noticed a fig tree beside the road. He went over to see if there were any figs, but there were only leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” And immediately the fig tree withered up."
What exactly does this say about the son of god?

JimG Level 8 Feb 16, 2018

Throughout the whole book, everything goes wrong for god!!! Poor baby!

For me, it's the one that starts with "In the beginning......." and drones on for about a thousand more pages and a few thousand more years. But that's just me🙂

The ark.

What?!!! I aint never heard of that one. When they captured all the disciples and none of them had any supernatural help to stay alive... you know... after all that with jesus... why didn't something go save the men and women that followed him... that should of opened everyone's eyes right there.

The book of Judith from chapter 8 to the end. (Included in the Jerusalem Bible but not in some others)

Never trust a beautiful woman!

?? Cow dung is a common fuel around the undeveloped world. But for me, I think it is contrasting Eve with Lilith, and the whole married/divorce thing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24941
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.