Agnostic.com

4 1

Given that infants do not have religion at birth, so that "regular" is the default setting, what's your best approach to helping a believer become "regular" again?

Marleybone 4 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not sure why I would want to convince someone of some other belief

We don't actually know what an infant, at birth, believe or not believe. I'd say they can't believe anything since thought follows language but that's me.

You make a point. However, "thought follows language" may not be correct. Language communication follows language learning. Therefore, the ability to discern the validity of deity is also learned. Sadly, it may also be weighted by the teaching of one religion or another.

A born again nonbeliever. Have to love it!

Beer until unconscious?
Pseudo skepticism until solipsism? The idea that nothings real its all an illusion.

We could raise our hopes a little that they might be evidentialists already and try to get them to apply that to all their beliefs.

Hope springs eternal. If they are raised with the practice of using evidence perhaps they can fend off the boogedy boogedy religious crap.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2503
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.