Agnostic.com

2 0

Should we???

Should we take advantage of being holiday despite we don't believe?

Paddypereira 7 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

advantage in what way? i don't get a day off because i'm disabled so all my days are "off." i'm jewish and had chanukah (not the "jewish christmas" but a gift-giving holiday for the last hundred years or so) earlier this month and did the giftie thing then. so of what do i take advantage? everyone mindlessly wishing each other, and me if they can catch me, joy of a holiday that was never my own? or maybe the endless stream of christmas commercials and christmas shows and everyone on tv pretending no one exists except christians, and that even nonchristians HAVE to love christmas because it's universal, not really religious at all, bla bla bla? i see no advantages. wait. there is one. egg nog. i like egg nog. but i have diabetes so... so much for egg nog.

g

Well, this is a bit to wind up people. We all take advantage of these situations, I don't take too seriously. On a rational thinking, it would be wrong. On a realistic way, no one really cares. I worked Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Stephen's Day. I'll be working on New Years Eve and New Years Day. If they pay me extra for that, cool! I think that, even if we took what I said seriously, those like us who don't believe will benefit in a way from these religious holidays, even if we didn't want to... Lol!!!

@Paddypereira i have just explained how i do not, whether i want to or not. there is nothing for me to take advantage of. if there is something there for you, good for you, but it doesn't apply to all. it certainly doesn't apply to me.

g

@genessa, I respect your position. In a way, that's the way I see it, doesn't mean I'm right or you have to agree. I take it also with a bit of sense of humour. I was already a few times celebrating the Muslim Eid and I don't believe in God.

Why not?

Would you rather be right, or happy?

Both!!! 😛

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:251756
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.