Agnostic.com

4 7

There is all this talk about "freedom". There was a government job back decades ago. the interviewer, my former air force station commander, asked, " Did I learn anything in the air force?". I said, "Yes, I learned that self discipline was not replaced by blind obedience.". NOOO, I did not get the job. My point----- when a person is willing to give up all principles to be chained to the ball of freedom---- they are CHAINED.

Diogenes 8 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Modeling is one of the most emerging fields in recent times and they are producing a number of job opportunities in this field. They are working on the best online essay writing services and their main motive is to produce new platforms for beginners. I am sure you will find a job that suits your motive.

I don't think people join the armed forces in order to be free. Your astute observation wasn't the correct one to get the job but you did show you learned something of note.

SamL Level 7 Oct 30, 2017

You are "FREE" to disagree, but you will be punished for your "FREEDOM." Such as choosing not to accept a god concept and burning in everlasting torment. "FREE WILL" at its best.

Ya, but god-dude was loving you while you burned. Fire is a horrible way to go- the "controllers" certainly knew what torture to threaten the unlearned with.

I am also puzzled by the expression chained to the ball of freedom. I spent most of my life self employed and considered myself free from the chains of the employee. But never felt chained to the demands of any one customer. In fact the thought that there was always another customer around the next corner allowed me to be quite selective when it came to the crunch.

Yes, I agree with you. You are one of the lucky ones, being successful and self employed. But for those that have the "freedom" to buy endless amounts of junk, and are compelled to do that, because they have no self discipline. there is a problem. There is the "freedom" to be a glutton- and die at an early age---- lots of "freedoms". Then there is the freedom to show some discipline, and be free of compulsions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2519
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.