Agnostic.com

8 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

what and idiot. I want to know how much money he got from the NRA??

Well, let's play ring-around-the-gamut of non-gun control 'answers' to the uniquely American scourge of gun violence... Seriously?? Pretty Trumpian, though, the willingness to say any-old stupid thing, that anyone with common sense agrees is searingly-ridiculous.. At least now the NRA can't drum up a bunch of new arms sales with the old boogie-man canard (Obama's coming for your guns, get some extras now to bury out in the back yard)

Another criminal theocrat religious nut elected by delusional voters....all incapable of connecting cause and effect

somebody put a sock in his mouth

Wouldn't a loaded shotgun be more appropriate?

@FrayedBear uummmm no

@btroje Seriously who is going to apply the sock?
🙂

@FrayedBear i would

@btroje lol

Well, I agree with you partly. Video games do break down the barriers, making violence "normal". Most children can handle that, but some not. But also all kind of movies and TV-series do the same. Violence sells. Now you also see the news media thriving on this school shooting. There is so much violence and news of violence on TV that it has been is the main reason why I quit my cable and took Hulu and Netflix without commercials. Many, many commercials are just fear driven.

Gert Level 7 Feb 16, 2018

@Crimson67 Well actually I agreed with you for posting this link. My words were maybe not well chosen. The rest of my reply stands for my opinion though. I don't think school shootings are caused by computer games, but they have their influence on violence in general. They help lowering thresholds. But I would like to wait for an INDEPENDENT scientist who investigates the growth of violence and the causes of it. I'm only living in the US for 8+ years, so I can't conclude it myself. I can only express my thoughts.

Nope...FBI screwed up.

They did, and that's a horrible fuckup. What adds insult to injury is that this will only fuel Trump's claim that the FBI is incompetent and they're conducting a witch hunt against him.

@Paul628. Yeah... your right Paul. I remember seeing trumps face when he won... he was shocked about as bad as Hilary. Hmmm... it just pissed me off how he won.

@BucketlistBob I'm still shocked that it wasn't such a landslide that even with Russia's help Trump didn't lose bigly.

Death by video game , never heard of it . People kill people , not guns . Mental illness will hide behind what it can , unless it's meglomania . As far as constituency not seeing this after they were told about it , it happens all the time with suicidal maniacs that kill people by the 100's , So why are people so upset when it happens to just a small handful ? I don't approve of it , & it "is" about time , but why now , all-of-a-sudden ? It stinks !

Dougy Level 7 Feb 16, 2018

Totally, the reason that there are almost no school shootings in most other western developed countries must be due to the fact that nobody plays video games there!
Why would anyone accept such total nonsense uttered by a state governor?

or anyone

@btroje i agree, but what I meant is that if it is just the neighbour, then ok, you have a stupid neighbour, not much you can do. But if it is the governor, it would be easy to throw him out of his job and get one that is not that ridiculously insanely stupid.

@josmi6699 I understand your post. I make a lot of little sidecracks rather than resorting to the laffter of hopelessness at times.I agree with you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25197
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.