Agnostic.com

2 0

So today I am still looking on my Ex GF basement for my "teen-college photo album". No luck... I got consolation prize. My "Solfeo Book" (all spanish) that may be 50 years old (barely used by me, but still with my name on it). And a plastic model ship I postponed in building that could be easily 30 years old. Now I need to get me some plastic cement glue, plastic paint, brushes, bond, air compressor, airbrush, thinner, exacto knife, cutters, sandpaper, lamp with magnifying glass and patience. That's a lot of shit to build a plastic model but that is what I had and used when I used to build them. So far all I got is patience. But it is not what I want to Find.

GipsyOfNewSpain 9 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s been probably 35 years since I built a model. I didn’t use all of the paints, sandpaper, exactos. I didn’t have any patience either lol

I was all in... you oughta see me putting bullet holes in airplanes with a hot needle. Weathering is where the satisfaction is. A ship must have rust spots!!!!!

I totally appreciate that kind of work and dedication to making an awesome piece! @GipsyOfNewSpain

@NothinnXpreVails I was just discussing last night about taking it with me to Vegas and not to buy the goods until then. I know my son will appreciate what I can do and I want him to see me putting the effort. Not everything need to be a "first person shooter video game"... Diorama is a lost art that boys spent many hours... recreating a moment in time in a far away land where life and death went hand in hand. I hate I don't have pictures and never finished either of the two but my last two I tried were Vietnam scenes. One a crashed Bell Huey in a stream... almost complete as I recalled. The other a Bell Huey arriving to a base bringing 4 body bags. I threw away thousand of dollars in kits to be made along with my board games. They were all for my retirement. I retired now and it is my regret that I threw all that away. That will teach me a lesson!

One of the best that I ever did was a Huey! It turned out really nice, I think I actually did use pain and sandpaper on that one. I’m not much into military and all, but those Huey’s were beautiful. Seems like I built a Harrier, as well. @GipsyOfNewSpain

@NothinnXpreVails Hueys were simply beautiful... I remember doing a russian havoc. Maybe my best camouflage ever. It was afghanistan theater of operations cammie. sand yellow, red clay and green. A real life lesson on military camouflage while in the Navy. I was in an amphib ship doing winter ops in Norway fjords so the howitzer and truck company on board were all winter green cammie. And the marine barracks Bombing in Beirut happened. Yellow sand paint had to be flown in to paint everything white to sand. And the exercises ended to play for real. Life in the military is like that.

And I just wanted a used Dremel , cheap! Do you really have space for a compressor? I measured with a tape measure and still got surprised. Just saying.

For many years they been producing those little things tailored for air brushes... When I started I didn't knew better and my compressor was NOISY and industrial strength hey but could air up my trooper's tires... so it has its uses. Like a buddy of mine used to say.... your airbrush will never clog.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25222
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.