Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK LIVERPUTTY: George McGovern as a B-24 pilot

A fascinating story about a decent and honorable man. Quite the contrast to Brigadier Bone Spur.

WilliamCharles 8 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

McGovern saw combat. GHW saw combat. Kennedy saw combat. Ike ran the combat. Nixon vould have seen combat, but he didn't, he stayed on a Pacific supply island and won about 11k playing poker - that's 1940's money. Reagan sat in Hollywood, an Army captain making army films. GW did the air national guard with daddy's help, and was smart enough to fly the 101, a bomber interceptor NVK had no bombers. Clinton went to Oxford. Congressman Johnson stole a silver star. And Bone Spurs, well. Gore was in Vietnam. Kerry earned multiple medals in Vietnam. Everyone, but Bonehead Spurs knew McCain was an honorable POW (I was not a political fan, but respected him). We've reached the era of faux patriotism - stand for your flag, your money and your self but piss on the poor, the needy, the disenfranchised.

I remember as a young idealistic Democrat, going door to door for this wonderful man. The Country lost out big time when Nixon won.....

Should've been president. Instead we got Richard Nixon, extending the Vietnam War, and Watergate. Good job, America!
I guess that looks good by comparison these days.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:252485
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.