Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Atlantic Article, Waging War on Women. According to this #MeToo has a loooong way to go.

If this article doesn’t really, really piss you off than you are probably part of the problem. It was sickening for me to read it. So much for love and peace during this time of year.

Some excerpts: “Men agreed to be ruled by other men in return for all men ruling over women.”*

”Mohamed Morsi replaced the longtime dictator Hosni Mubarak in Egypt, Morsi quickly announced that he would abolish the quota guaranteeing women’s seats in parliament, overturn a ban on female circumcision, and make it harder for women to divorce an abusive husband.”

In Brazil ”Crowds at Bolsonaro rallies chanted that they would feed dog food to feminists.”

In the Phillipines, ”Duterte has threatened violence against women. In 2017, he informed Filipino soldiers that because he had declared martial law on the island of Mindanao, they could each rape up to three women with impunity. In 2018, he told soldiers to shoot female rebels “in the vagina,” because that would render them “useless.”

JackPedigo 9 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't even know where to start responding to this disgusting treatment of women. The really bad news there are other women who side with these men, making it doubly hard to make inroads against these males.
The good news not all men subscribe to this idea of what women's role should be. Betsy DeVos is a perfect example of an evil woman willing to throw her sisters under the bus for power and control. Anyone not white christian male needs to be afraid, be very afraid.

As the article mentioned many of the women grew up in the 'domestic' way of life and see this as normal. I don't think they are aware of the violence going on toward women. Some living in 3rd world countries know but are powerless to do anything and simply have to go along to survive.

@JackPedigo I realize the story of women outside the U.S is very different but at the basis is education and DeVos is NOT helping -IMHO. America could be such a better role model and it is not. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this shit really pisses me off.

@silverotter11 I am totally with you on this. It is more than infuriating.

It will take a long time to have all men treat women as equals.

One major problem, which seems never to be spoken of, is the issue of resource availability. In many countries resources are dwindling (due to overpopulation). When competition for resources rise the lowest ones in the pecking order are women and children (and outsiders). It is a natural phenomenon. Mother Nature could care less for one puny species and we have to do this for ourselves. We need to quit breeding like rabbits!

Yes, the article is accurate. The question is: What can we do about it?It is time to organize, strategize, and act.

But how do we deal with foreign countries. Maybe an apartheid type boycott. First we have to get rid of our own abuser in chief and his lackeys.

@maturin1919 Sounds biblical!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:252690
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.