Agnostic.com

16 5

QUESTION House Members Are Pushing a Bill That Will Roll Back the Rights of People With Disabilities | American Civil Liberties Union

"Now a group of businesses led by the owners of large shopping malls have persuaded more than 100 representatives to introduce H.R. 620, the so-called “ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017.” This legislation would require people with disabilities who encounter access barriers at a business or facility to become legal experts on the code, to provide “notice” to the business of what code they are violating, and to wait six months or longer. And this isn’t even for the business to actually fix the problem—just for the business to make “substantial progress” towards accessibility."

SteveB 7 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It should be understood that Democrats believe that it is necessary to increase spending on all kinds of social programs, such as food stamps, budget housing, etc. Republicans, on the contrary, say that all this should be reduced because there is a lot of deception in this area. Many people work "rough" and receive coupons under the guise of the poor; many are not looking for work, receiving unemployment (unemployment benefits), and live at the expense of taxpayers, etc. And Republicans advocate that spending on various social programs is already reduced. But we need to develop some rules and laws that would regulate people receiving social benefits. After all, only 34% of students with disabilities complete a four-year program.

Leave it to this party to screw people who need help to get around. I am disabled but lucky enough not to need a lot of ramps wide doors to get around.I do care about those who do. Glad those who need them can get the electric power chairs. More reasons to vote these uncareing pieces of shits out!

I am disabled and I fought for that law back during the 90's I was a small business owner and I accepted all customers

If you are handicapped in some way, you have to face the facts that there are going to be certain things that are unavailable to you. Forcing businesses all over the country to re-work their facilities on the off-chance that you may one day make an appearance is a huge waste of resources. I am sorry for your problems, but they ARE YOUR problems. I am not insensitive about this, just realistic.

not insensitive really? Sorry but you are. Uncaring non feeling pile of shit!

I love when i worked in the government the phrase "We are investigating it." Translation there is no one actually doing anything but as long as we do no actually close the case we can claim to be doing something for he next 1000 years. This is the latitude meant to be given with "substantial progress" Yes we did have the manager look at the stairs that the wheelchair can not go up six months ago. He never looked at it before, what a breakthrough!!

I really can't stand much more of this happening. Baffling. Except it benefits our POTUS.

And that measure has just passed the House.

So they passed the bill..cause, you know, they're ReThuglicans..swine!

How anyone can continue to support the republican party is beyond all reasoning.
This is fucking appalling.

Makes me wonder why we elected them😉

I wonder too? Watching all the debates the last presidential election to get through the uncaring republican ones. The Democratic ones was a breath of fresh air even if they were a bit boring no arguing or very little. All 4 of those running democratic were so much better then hose for the greed party.

I have a problem with any website that when I log onto it says to "Donate" before you ever get to read what is being presented. If I gave three dollars to every Political Campaigner which is like signing onto a Religious Charitable Organization pushing for a charity that you have no idea about and are lesser informed about where the money will actually be distributed or spent. Health Care donations to Cancer, Salvation Army MD, Alzheimer's end up be Administratively appropriated for Salaries and other expenses which is why I don't go to Church or donate to any. I sent them all personally to those whom I know to be truly in need.

another day another assault on basic dignity

It's as though Republicans have become cartoon villains, attacking any and every vulnerable group with impunity. The really insane thing is that they're getting away with it day after day.

the only thing they are real attacking the real weak people of our country! Might as well go back to cave man days were survival of fittest was the

Thanks for an informative article.

I get less and less surprised by this administration with every vile act...

Charming...It is befitting to this administration! They have left no stone unturned! How can anyone defend this!?

being selfish no morals, humanity or soul! I got mine screw everyone else the republican party they probably eat their young!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25277
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.