Agnostic.com

3 1

Flat Earth hypothesis

What are your thoughts on the that the Earth is flat? I thought this was put to bed centuries ago and am in awe that this myth still exists today.

Lugo1993 4 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not a hypothesis, but a delusion.

Marz Level 7 Nov 22, 2017

A lot of flat earthers say that the earth is flat because we only exist in a dome God created and that it's atheist scientists and the government (and I guess Satan) pretending and faking all the space travel that's happened and such. Really such a stretch to believe though, I got into a good debate about it and once I started using science I got attacked so bad for it but it was quite humorous.

Oh yeah, nothing else is true or exists outside of their beliefs. Preachers are in the business of fooling people for money while scientists are quietly out to support facts, and make us aware of how our world works. I was so sad to find out that many scientific researchers make very little money compared to tall the tedious work and fact checking they do.

I've never heard anyone admit to that belief in person, but w/the internet and social media it's been resurrected.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2536
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.