Agnostic.com

32 4

What's your favorite book? I loved Atlas Shrugged, Anna Karinena, and Guns, Germs, and Steel.

LilAtheistLady 7 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Much closer to the truth is JUDGEMENT DAY : My Life With Ayn Rand by (Nathan) Nathaniel Brandon and their 12 Objectivist Coitus enablings during the writing of Atlas. ...cover art by cuckolded Frank O'Connor Barbara Brandon having a nervous breakdown watching the Helen Mirren portrayed fornicator of her 23 yr old mentoree

I enjoy reading so I got a bunch and they're too many to list here

I also loved Guns, Germs and Steel. I recently read Born a Crime by Trevor Noah and think it may be my new favorite. He is an incredible story teller.

Also, Atlas Shrugged is cool, but is Guns Germs and Steel nonfiction?

Yes, "Guns..." is non-fiction. I often read both fiction/non. It's worth the read! πŸ™‚

@AtheistLatina55 I read so much technical lit I tend to only read nonfiction instructionals (ie baking), humor, or various science/stats stuff.

I still love David Cases The Cell and other stories, don't know why buy I do.

stu8 Level 4 Feb 17, 2018

And all the King's men. Gordon Stevens. ISBN 0 330 31534 x

You didn't know that there was a British resistance BEFORE WWII did you.

And we got your code red covered too!

I really like the novella trilogy The Fifth Head of Cerberus by Gene Wolfe. It's a compelling story, especially the first novella, but the complexity of the work as a whole is excellent, and the storytelling of the second novella is… well, genuinely unique.

Fantasy?

@AtheistLatina55 Have you seen Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norell? Excellent book though it is long and starts out slow but winds up very exciting. Also one of my favorites is The Golem and the Jinni.

@AtheistLatina55 More science fiction, though I'd say the second novella is a little hard to categorize (but definitely overlaps science fiction).

@TerriCity I love reading book suggestions. I'll place this on my "to-read" list. πŸ™‚

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.