Agnostic.com

1 0

Bathrooms

As we were looking for a house a few years ago, when we had bought a house the house had several bathrooms. All bathrooms contained a bath. Too small for comfort. We were told that we should not change the bathrooms by taking out the bath and replacing it by a shower cabin, because the average American prefers a bath and a toilet in every bathroom. A shower is not what they want, because if they want a shower, they can stand in the bathtub. Personally I would say one bathroom with a bath, preferably the guest-bathroom. And than quite beautiful and big enough to contain tall persons (Dutch are tall in average). The rest of the bathrooms, especially the main one, should be a big shower cabin or just a walk-in shower as I was used to in the NL. In our main bathroom we have a bathtub with jet-streams that we have not used all the time that we live there (oh yes, I did once to see if it was comfortable enough. It was not).
Question: Is what we heard recognizable, and why should every bathroom have a bath? What is the benefit here that I miss, because a shower is so much more comfortable.

Gert 7 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not necessarily typical, but multiple tubs sound like overkill to me. I would prefer a mix of std tub, garden tub or jacuzzi, and a nicely decorated shower.

Zster Level 8 Feb 17, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25442
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.