Agnostic.com

5 1

Atheists party

If we the atheist make a political party what should our ideology be

Nabil123 3 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not a goer...we only have our lack of faith in common. Politically we come from all over the place, and geographically too.

Might be interesting in a Parliamentary system, as in Germany.. But where I’m at, you’d ..or we’d be wasting our votes and time.

Here again, and applicable mainly ‘in the states,’ I’ve long wondered why we don’t attempt to take one over? Like the mormons did/ have. We all migrate to a cozy US state, and become it’s majority ... at least we’d have two US Senators 🙂

PS I appreciate your question/ suggestion, a lot, and am disappointed (yet again) at the harshness of some responses. Maybe atheists are rude misfits 😕

Varn Level 8 Dec 31, 2018

why would atheists have a political party? the only thing we all have in common is a disbelief in deities. why would we want to add some kind of platform for everyone to follow, whether we liked it or not? perhaps we do have ONE more thing in common, something that could be called political: we probably all favor separation of church and state. there is already a political party that includes that in its platform. it's called the democratic party.

g

That's a horrible idea. Just because none of us believe in deity without proof, doesn't mean we believe anything else that is the same. Really not enough to form a political party.

None. Ideology is like god, it gives simple answers to complicated questions for those who are not prepared to make the effort to think.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:255652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.