Agnostic.com

13 2

Everything is connected

• 14 votes
  • 12 votes
CallMeDave 8 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This isn't really a topic that can be answered true or false.

Technically speaking, everything is some combination of the same elements, so in that respect, everything is connected. However, the Earth is not physically connected to the Sun. It is held in place by the Sun's gravity.

If you're talking about connections to people, then that statement isn't true or false either. The daily activities of a single person in say, Africa, do not affect my life in any way, just as mine don't affect theirs. However, what my neighbors or coworkers do can affect me.

Of course you could consider the "butterfly effect", where the wings of a butterfly fluttering causes a chain of events that lead to a tornado somewhere else in the world. Although, that's just a theory and it hasn't been proven.

Definitely a loaded topic.

ok, I'll bite. How is my back surgery connected to a stranger's birthday in Somalia?

lerlo Level 8 Jan 2, 2019

I don't know.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 1, 2019

I am not, never have been and never will be connected to Donald Trump or spiders.........ok well maybe spiders.

Not only are we connected. Our true and real essence is one single thing IMO. Identity as a body is only an illusion.

@maturin1919 “You” are not thinking anything. Thinking is a bodily activity. You/We are in blissful repose, enjoying conscious awareness and playing with our multitude of state-of-the-art robotic organisms. 🙂

Everything is not connected...

Not me and my ex.

Durr that's why she's your ex! smart guy. 😉

@CaroleKay You're so inciteful. 🙂

You used to be

@Jolanta Who me? I don't think so.

@Sticks48 What a gun was held to your head when you married her, and you never had sex either

@Jolanta What are you talking about. We fucked like bunny rabbits. What is your problem? It's a goddamn joke.

@Sticks48 So is mine.

Sorry, too broad; depends on your definition of "connected".

The assertion is to general for a yes or no answer

At a molecular level, yes.

"We are all connected; to each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

How far can the concept 'everything is connected' be stretched and proven?

The statement is too vague.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 31, 2018

Hmmmm not sure what you mean. My soda can I have on my desk is not connected to my TV set. My computer is connected to my TV though. Very vague you need to be more specific or explain what you mean.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:255961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.