Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK What is the Evidence for Evolution? - YouTube

This videos clearly states why evolution is a legitimate theory just like any other theories like the theory of gravitation, plate tectonics, general relativity and many more. The fore mentioned theories are widely accepted but many theists are evolution haters who don't even try to understand the concept. I think everybody should have an open mind and try to grasp any knowledge. So, check it out.

AurumTechie 6 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s a great video so far as it goes but I expect it’s preaching to the choir around here. Not mentioned at all is the traditional idea that evolution is driven strictly by mutations and natural selection, random and mechanistic events without conscious input.

Studies in epigenetics show that evolutionary changes can take place far too quickly to be accounted for by mutations and random selection. What could be the explanation for this? Universal consciousness?

No, no consciousness, Universal or whatever, required just the inate natural drive to thrive and survive.

@Triphid If I consciously choose a particular lifestyle which causes certain genetic traits to be passed to my children epigenetically, then it would seem that the course of evolution can be affected by consciousness.

Besides that, everyone knows that evolution can be consciously directed. Breeders do it all the time.

Until the nature of conscious awareness is known such questions will remain deeply mysterious IMO.

@WilliamFleming Breeders do what is called Selective Breeding which, technically is not EVOLUTION in the truest sense, it is more like human eugenics on the animal world than it is evolution.
Speaking very basically, Evolution is where the best adapted thrive, survive and get to reproduce whilst the least adapted simply die out.
Except nowadays with the intervention of human influence, beneficial or harmful, some areas of evolution are running rampant on occasions.

@Triphid Alright, but what can you tell me about epigenetics? How does that work?

Actually an interesting video!

Evidence supporting evolution is measured in tons, evidence supporting the biblical Creation Myth is measured in ONE single, solitary book, i.e. The Goat-herders Guide to the Galaxy, aka the Bible.

Ewe're soooo phunny.....

@Lop-Eared-Mule By no means phunny, it IS a Fact.

@Hastur Feel most free.

IT's funny...... christian farmers who don't believe in evolution will gleefully breed the best cow to the best bull, the best ewe to the best ram and not understand that that is evolution.

You are the evidence of evolution

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:257057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.