Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK What's a "Normal" A1c? When is it Misleading? | diaTribe

Some info on HA1 and beyond.

AlasBabylon 8 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for the interesting info. My A1C is consistently 6.7-ish, and it always surprises me because my actual finger-sticks are invariably dismaying. And I'm also one of those who can go to bed with an excellent glucose level, perhaps even sub-100, and wake up with a level of 160, just by virtue of sleeping -- even with no food after 6 pm.

So it's a cautionary tale that my A1C may be misleadingly good. Honestly, I eat way too many carbs, even if in moderation.

I've never had a normal level since diagnosed with type 1 35 years ago. I usually hover around 7-8. Still no complications I am aware of so must be doing something right.

Now you are in areas that I pay little attention to. I'm type 2 diabetic and I take meds for it. I take Metformin. (George Foreman?) It knocks out my higher blood sugar. I take no insulin or other pills. I eat and drink what I want if it agrees with me and I tell my doctors so. My blood work is now good. People tell me I have to measure food and weigh things, take insulin to be sure, and to prick my finger taking a daily reading, etc. I do none of that and my doctor has not told me to do it. Then I hear how my condition could "turn into type 1" but I hear this from other idiots. I don't live in fear. I simply take the med.

Thanks. I am only interested in the up and down trends of the number, which in itself is not a single data point but an average oer time.

Thank you for this?

Why did I make that a question? Weird me

@Amisja That was the title of the article. I just copy/pasted the link.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:257073
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.