Agnostic.com

4 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All people get respected for their assets and attributes. A woman that is tough is a woman who is wise in mind and body. I would give that woman all the respect and love she deserves.

Sounds like a good position to maintain.

It most certainly does

Sounds like the unicorn of women, esp. if she's good-looking. Because people with great looks often don't get hurt as much as the rest of us and thus also don't develop as much depth of character or empathy.

I beg to differ, not saying I'm the most attractive woman on the planet, but I am self aware & men treat me like shit

@Capricorn I have no doubt you are self aware and empathetic, nor do I doubt you have been treated badly by men. I base my comments on my own experience regarding great-looking people and what they are like. Found one really nice woman and one really nice man in my 60 years. The rest were vain, shallow, insensitive, selfish, narcissistic jerks. Why? Because their looks allowed them to get away with never changing. I'm just saying that in my experience, the beautiful are very rarely nice, generous, empathetic people.

@TomMcGiverin that's interesting, I've never used my looks to be a shitty human being unfortunately it still hasn't worked out in my favor, but that's life I guess

@Capricorn It sucks that being a good human being hasn't paid off for you like it should, but it's their loss. Too bad most with great looks use them to be shitty to others, but they will as long as there's no cost to them or payback. As I see it, esp. in the dating world, great looks carry with them a certain amount of privilege in the world, just like lots of money also does. Just like being white or male does in some ways. I think you get it.

@TomMcGiverin the men I meet are shallow & self serving honestly the black & white ones are equally douche bags, but you're right it's their loss

@Capricorn Most men and women are not that way, but the problem for most of us is that in order to get the personality we want, we usually have to give or bend a little in the looks dept. to get someone good-hearted and right for us. That's a lesson I am still grappling with, even tho I am not looking for more than what most men would rate as a 7 for looks. Just being honest....Am willing to date someone whose looks are less than that too tho and I'm increasingly sure that's how it's going to work out. Man, I am probably going to get bashed like Davethecave for being this open and honest, but maybe that's why I kind of like his comments. Truth is not always pretty.....

@Veteran229 You are so right about that, and it's one reason I see little hope for the future of our society. Relationships, even friendships and people in general are increasingly seen as totally disposable and it sickens and disgusts me. "And instantly know how to care", shit, most of these kids don't even know how to have a real face to face conversation without wondering what's going on with their phone....

Thanks, I needed that.

Anytime!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:257365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.