Agnostic.com

2 0

I got this confusion abt goths. Is the gothic center was based on the architecture of churches and buildings or the lifestyle of the goths was based on supernatural belif such as demons, ghost etc?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was kinda goth in high school and college. I just wanted to be really pale, dye my hair black, and wear only black and white.

My hair has remained black.

Are we talking about Goths as in the Germanic people who sacked Rome, or Goths as in the ones who wear a lot of black and apply their eyeliner with a paintbrush?

In the first case, no: their way of life was about peoplehood, resisting Roman rule and, later, building an empire. In the later case, no: Goth is a subculture which grew from punk, with a very wide range of beliefs - some goths are mostly interested in gothic rock music, some like to pretend they're vampires (some think vampires - and other goths who pretend to be them - are stupid, which led to the formation of the goth-orientated Van Helsing Society), some believe in the supernatural and some don't, some are satanists and others are Christian... there are even some Jewish atheist goths who completely reject all superstition and actually much prefer electronica and jazz to gothic rock, such as the teenage me. What links them is being a goth - as is the case with most subcultures, especially those that are primarily youthful, who is and isn't a member is difficult to discern from the outside, but the goths themselves know.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 5, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:259206
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.