Agnostic.com

5 0

Tell me your definition​ of the word , " love ." What does that mean to you ?

fdmadani 4 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

if i could do that i'd make a fortune. but someone (i forget who) said that real love is wanting the other person's good and romantic love is wanting the other person.

g

I wish I had an answer.

Love is an action verb. This means active listening, being respectful and caring, helping each other in good times and bad. Knowing and honoring their love languages. Problem solving, growing and having FUN together. Conversation and laughter. Loyalty.

Criticize behavior, not the person's character. Instead of calling someone "lazy," talk about behaviors.

"When you did ( x ), I felt ( x ). I want you to do ( x ) instead."

"You may not speak disrespectfully to me, Claire," I said firmly. "I'm leaving," and walked out. I love my daughter no matter what. Claire is green and growing. So am I.

Dr. Brene' Brown interviewed happy couples who have been together for 50 years or more. Her 20-minute TED talk changed my life.

[ted.com]

I love cookies and computers, my daughter, and my grandchildren and my wife. But love means different things in those different contexts. So I don't have one definition.

Love for a signifnicant other is ultimately a decision to put their needs, hopes, dreams, values and aspirations on at least an equal footing with my own.

To care for, with empathy and compassion.

Orbit Level 7 Jan 6, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:259700
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.