Agnostic.com

2 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can still do Smash's intro. I used to love Madness! MTV brought a slew of bands to Daytona Beach the first year they did Spring Break. I saw Thompson Twins, Madness, Lene Lovich, English Beat, the Members, and REM was an opening band. We saw Michael Stipe wandering around so we invited him out. We drove around town looking for a quiet bar. We ended up at a party at somebody's apartment. My friend Todd stayed in touch with him and launched his career in photography by selling photos of REM to Spin magazine.

Damn that sounds like it was fucking awesome!!
I’m a huge fan of SKA music and this song is like one of the greatest.

@48thRonin I also got to talk with Dave Wakeling. I asked if the Beat girl had a name and he told me they called her Chantelle.

I used to really love the Ska bands---English Beat, the Selecter, the Specials especially! Also the Bodysnatchers and then the Belle Stars. I wore black and white all the time and really liked the checkerboard pattern. I still have loads of pins from that era.

I ultimately looked for anything produced by Langer & Winstanley.

@DeStijl I had the black suit that I wore. I met fishbone and I’ve seen mighty mighty boss tones way too Times now that I think about it. ?

But you’re David Wakeling story is definitely a winner, and thank you for sharing it.

A fabulous classic!

Zster Level 8 Jan 6, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:259731
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.