Agnostic.com

12 5

In regards to Tinder: I hate being put on a back burner, all these girls act interested in making plans. Without fail, every single one seems incapable of making plans to meet, it’s always, I’ll HYU, and I might be free (never are). Do they think I’ll just sit there and take it while they hold all the cards? Why is it appropriate for them to put no effort in? If they are not sure if they can meet with you, they should just say they are not free. They think it’s okay to make you keep your plans open and wait for them to call on you. If they become free, they should ask if you are available when they are. Best part is, they are mad at you when you point out that they are not trying, they act like it does not matter because you have never met, but there is a human on the other side of the screen that deserves not to have their time wasted. No one wants to try anymore, and then they wonder why they can’t find anyone on a dating site. If they are so busy that they don’t know when they will be free, then they should not be trying to meet anyone but an on call fuck buddy.

Funandfondles 6 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If they want to wear a bikini and are fat, who care. Not your call. They should wear what they want I did. I worked out so I had six packs and wore bikinis. I still look good in my late 30s. It was in my forties I found the very sexy one piece that were designed to show in interesting places. I switched then as I liked them just as much.I think that I a personal choice and if you want to wear a bikini, do it. iT is your life.

I don't use online dating. My messenger on their gets blown up fast. Weirdos contact me.

I've heard Tinder is for just hooking up. If you're looking for love on Tinder you're doing it wrong.

I'd meet with you, Baby!! Haha!

Best comment goes to this woman.

I bet you would 😉

Whoa...! Good grief, guys, have you no shame? What I'm hearing here appears to be nothing more than whining male bruised ego rants. Look, you put yourself on a shelf in a store. Products put on static displays can sit on those shelves for years. I learned a long time ago that if you want to make friends, perhaps get a date, you need to move a little. When game moves, it becomes a target. When game doesn't move, it more often than not goes unnoticed. I suggest the problem is not the dating site, but the people who occupy it. Move around a little. Rattle those leaves a bit. If worse comes to worst, step outside and strike up a conversation or ten. If nothing else, the sunlight will do you some good and the breeze is relaxing.

I’m only mad because she was rude, and even had the gall to tell me I was the problem. Your right mostly, I do go out, have even had near success a few times, until I tell them I have a kid, but that’s besides the point. I just find it strange how inhumane online dating is, and how expendable we all seem to be.

I could not agree more with your frustration. My experience was that online dating can be dehumanizing. I got off of it. If another connection is in the cards, it'll most likely be with someone drawn to how I live my life.

bots? have they asked for money yet?

Only had one con artist, after that I figured out how to identify them.

Had a friend tell me about a guy he works with that had sent two different women, or it could of been the same person or a guy, over a thousand dollars!!!!

I've met maybe 1 or 2 girls on any dating site who are friendly enough to hold a conversation with, and stayed friends, but never found a romantic partner. Any girl I am remotely interested in that way either never answers or they chat a bit and then vanish. The sites rely too much on first impressions and looks, even if the members would claim they are after deeper, and just don't give most normal people a chance to show their good sides. Also, any good looking girl on a dating site will be absolutely inundated with messages from a lot of good looking guys so it's all they can usually do to choose the next date and keep up with messages to a few of them. One of my best friends (30-something, tall, blonde, attractive girl) went on Tinder - she was getting 50 messages a day, compared to my 0 messages. I was lucky to get a match in a week. Sites are fun but you can't beat going out and meeting people face to face to find someone who you click with.

EDIT: Funnily enough I have always had more interest from foreign girls. I think the element of being "different" makes you more interesting and they give you more of a chance. It's a bit crazy but that just seems to be the way. I fired up Tinder when I was on holiday last year, just for fun, and got 5 matches in 30 minutes with 2 girls wanting to chat to me ... one of which I still chat with.

Tinder isn't for finding the love of you're life. Online dating is garbage in general.

Seems like it, but people are scared everywhere anyway.

It's sucks I know. But, don't ever give up if your goal is to "find someone"! Good luck "out there"! 🙂

Did it ever occur to you those girls are afraid to meet you -and others- because this world is full of dangerous people and they are being polite to you?

Absolutely, and it makes me sick that things have come to that.

I've never used Tinder, so I'm unsure exactly how people use it, but I think if I got such a tepid response I'd subtly let them know that I won't be waiting around when they say they aren't sure: "That's cool. Maybe you'll be available another time. If you ever want to meet up, let me know." And that's the last I'd say. If they want to get together, the ball's in their court, and it's incumbent upon them to make the offer.

I was on Tinder for about a month. Total waste of time for me, save for one nice guy I met (never dated) who is now a mutual of mine on FB. That place felt like a total hookup joint to me. But what really burned me was getting into conversations with guys which seemed to be going fine, and THEN they decide to read my profile, and were aghast to discover I'm trans.

I've had very good luck on okCupid, which has been the most effective in finding potential compatible matches. I like the idea of answering questions on a variety of topics, and comparing answers. Also quite impressed with their matching algorithm. I'm still seeing (and in love with) the first guy I dated from that site. We were a 99% compatibility match, and it was spot on.

Good luck with your search.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25990
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.