Agnostic.com

5 4

Are we nine meals from anarchy?

The government shutdown is starting to feel like a hostage situation. They only have food stamp coverage for January.

thinkwithme 7 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These are the actual facts about Food Stamps.

I'm on Disability and I'm on Food Stamps. Yup this shut down is not for the faint of heart. Not that they give you enough to make ends meet - trust me. The cost of living increase this year for disability - after years of no increase - did not cover the cost of the increase of Medicare.

That's the reality.

I'm sure Senior Citizens have a similar tale to tell.

[cbpp.org]

@Shouldbefishing Hmm I wonder why that pulled up Alabama? lol I have to go back and look again. Ah I see you can pull up any State in the search box. I get less than one-third of the lowest amount per person in my State? That's very odd?
Glad you help out.
It's so weird that the government doesn't take into account that decent food improves health. As a Type II diabetic it's been baffling what they would like me to eat versus what they expect me to eat? Someday they may figure it out. And do something healthy.

February is going to suck.

@Shouldbefishing Thanks we use the food bank too.
Hoping to find work very soon. 😉

@Shouldbefishing I always felt that was one of the best ways to give back to someone who needs it. I did it for years when I worked.
Our Food Bank actually only provides healthy food. Rather a new concept.

my idiot niece, who happens to be collecting food stamps (whatever welfare she can) - my idiot niece who is receiving food stamps posted on facebook today that if the wall was funded, it would eliminate misuse by illegals thus providing additional funding for legal citizens.

Your niece is totally wrong Undocumented immigrants are not eligible for food stamps.

@GinaKay Thank you!!!!! There is just so much ignorance surrounding what services are available to illegal immigrants, and so many people too fucking lazy to bother to research it.

@Morganfreeman no... i know her and she is an idiot. also, keeping illegals out is not going to change the amount of benefits welfare recipients receive.

my issue with her is that her reasoning is shared by others. she is even using one of the services suffering from 45's shut down and complaining that he has to hold out for congress to approve monies for his border project.

reasonably if monies are allocated to build any barrier, it's going to have to come from somewhere - either other federally funded programs or higher taxes.

@GinaKay I think the confusion is that the children can receive food stamps but they are legal...most fraud is committed by our own legal citizens and most are in the South...

@thinktwice You're right. Even then, the estimate of fraud is about 1.5%.

@GinaKay yep...people just want a financial reason to be racist...

Let the rioting begin!

Anarchy means no rulers, not no rules.

There would be no more rioting under anarchy than we have under the massive oppressive regimes already in place.

@Morganfreeman This is so entirely off the wall I don't even know what to say? Are you okay Morgan?

@RavenCT There is nothing "off the wall" about the truth. Perhaps you could state your specific objections and we could discuss them.

You could also google the word Anarchism. Not anarchy, Anarchism.

@BryanLV The member I posted this in response to? His comment has been deleted - which makes it look like I'm responding to you - which I wasn't.
His comment was not making any sense. - I wasn't arguing with you at all! Hope that clears it up.

@RavenCT It certainly does. Thank you for clarifying!

Why nine meals?

It's an old quote..perhaps it is the point of desperation where survival instincts take over.

@thinkwithme I have never of that. We'd say 'they haven got two appennies to rub t'gether".

@powder Bring it on

@powder You see I live in UK and I have an escape route. 175 acres of Scottish woodland with a 99 yr lease. No running water, no power, no plumbing. Just nature and a compost loo. You see rings round the moon and so many stars they'll dazzle your eyes. After 10 mins, you forget what a mobile phone is. Life is very precious and even more so when you live for the moment.

@powder Oh and up there, we don't have rubbish. Its an entirely plastic free environment and everything on site must be recycleable. We compost everything we can. Heaven

@Amisja i know where to steal a boat, load up, and sail to when the zombie apocalypse comes.

@powder Been to Thai tons. I used to live in HK so was reasonably close. Yep to the plastic, same in HK

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:260104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.