Agnostic.com

2 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rational thinking SHOULD be a threat to faith. What worries me is his deliberate use of language to stir up a fear of violence (which is simply not there) amongst his fans/followers. THAT sort of shit (FoxNews anyone?) has already worked in getting certain people to fear, hate, justify initiating violence with "other", be they gay, foreign, or "damn liberals". Sigh. I don't need any more hate/fear directed at my nonbelief. I live in his state, so this sort of talk really could impact things for me. I already have to lay pretty darned low.

Zster Level 8 Feb 19, 2018

I actually don't disagree. Think about it...sectarian violence usually only leads to entrenchment of positions, hardening of dogma, and further violence. Atheist philosophy, whatever that is, would lead to more people intellectually challenging dogma, critical thinking, and that is really a bigger threat to Christianity in the long term.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26065
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.