Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Drug Costs Driven Largely By Price Increases, Not Innovation : Shots - Health News : NPR

Drug costs driven largely by price increases, not innovation.

AlasBabylon 8 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are driven by corporate greed ! Charging hundreds of dollars for a drug that had been on the market for 20 years is just criminal. They will do whatever the government allows them to get away with.

Yes. The government is complicit too.

As the Psychedelic Furs said its sick the price of medicine...
Btbd Level 7 Jan 8, 2019

Just as many suspected. Profit over people.

They are not satisfied with a reasonable profit; they are very greedy.

@MST3K just experienced this recently: same blood pressure medication last year $63 a month; this year $400 a month.

@thinktwice Unbelievable

@thinktwice Good lord. That's terrible. Ridiculous.

@DoctoralZombie I am lucky to have insurance but it troubles me that people will have to choose between eating or taking meds...I called the doctor to see if there is a substitute...this is unacceptable...even the pharmacist apologized and said she would help research an alternative...

@thinktwice A good doctor will do his or her best to find some less expensive alternative. My previous PCP was good about working with me to help me find affordable insulin. My blood pressure medication is enalapril (generic of Vasotec). It's inexpensive for me and my Part D plan,and works well for me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:260927
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.