Agnostic.com

2 0

Anyone keeping up with the Event Horizon Telescope?

EricLatham93 3 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They already have petabytes of data, which they are processing to get a picture. See:

Yeah I knew they had all the pictures they were gonna use, just filtering through the data right now. I thought we were gonna see the picture last year

No--tell me about it!

Carin Level 8 Jan 8, 2019

Observatories around the world all focused telescopes at one specific black hole, which sort of created a telescope the size of earth. They are filtering through the data, because telescopes took pictures at different wavelengths, and they’ll use all of that to create a single picture of what a black hole would look like if we physically laid eyes on it ourselves.

All of the pictures were taken a while back, now we are just waiting on them to sort through it all

The photo. It’s blurry, but this is the first one. This was history I’m glad I witnessed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:260943
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.