Agnostic.com

9 7

LINK Mitch McConnell Calls to Cut Social Security, Medicare

I guess Trump's promise to protect Social Security and medicare meant no more than his other promises... like that American tax payers would nto have to pay for his wall.

snytiger6 9 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These morons can't cut Social Security , it is not an entitlement , we all pay into it if you have ever worked and as always, FK the GOP every day !!

Paul Ryan was championing that plan for years.
That McConnell has picked it up is no surprise.
He's another piece of shit, too.
He's also why 45 has been able to get away so much of his shit.

These dumb mofo's are just bags of shit on their best day , And as always Fuck the GOP in everyway possible

if you believed trump would not screw everyone it could boy are you stupid! It does not care about anyone but itself. Republicans are all about kissing up to the rich and since the poor do not vote for them they want to screw them too! trump has been caught screwing everyone over including its dad and family!

Unfortunately the poor (who are generally uneducated) do vote for them.

That's to fucking bad , poor stupid and ignorant !!@snytiger6

To do anything to social security would be criminal especially since they removed funds to pay other bills and never placed the money back.

That is partly the point. If they cut Social Security, then they won't have to pay it back. They never talk about how much they took out of the Social Security funds, but just talk about how little money is currently in the fund, when in fact the fund is pretty healthy still.l You'd have to look ahead more than 25 years to see problems. Too bad republicans don't look ahead liek that with climate change.

no they have not they cannot touch Social Security !

That was always the Republican strategy from the very beginning -- cut taxes paid by the wealthy and by corporations to reduce government income, then cut "entitlement" programs to reduce the deficit. That type of immoral reasoning and action matches the corruption of Trump. McConnell is just as bad as Trump.

Yes, that is how they talk about it. However Social Security is a separate self funded program, and outside of discretionary spending.

However, they see all that money in Social Security and can't wait to get their greedy hands on it.

Social Security is not an entitlement ! I paid into it for over 55 years , it is paid for by working people ! Fuck the GOP assholes ! They are the only thing lower than Slime !

That's old news and will never happen with the current congress.

Don't be too sure.

Yes, we are fortunate the congressional majority is now held by Democrats.

That is only the House not the Senate ! We can stop some things but not every stupid POS these GOP morons come up with
@snytiger6

@Riki64 Any bill affecting Social Security would require approval by both chambers, so I don't think the republicans in the Senate can do much without the House.

These are the idiots who called FDR "that man."

You want to see a real revolution then just cut those programs. Entitlement, to me, means something someone is entitled to and we are because we paid for it. The other stupid comment: "You have got to generate economic growth because growth generates revenue,” is just more of the trickle down economics which has been proven over and over and over does not work. Look to Kansas to see where that went. This should be proof positive that some politicians are totally out of touch with their constituents.

Let's go back to the post WWII tax rates, of 91% for the highes tincome earners. We had the largest economic growth and fastest increase in standard of living in history when that was in effect.

@snytiger6 Unfortunately, we are a capitalistic society and the population growth of the country has necessitated a huge need for jobs. The wealth have exploited that need at the cost of the middle class.

This seems to be the case

Thanks. I copied and saved that one for respnses to my right wing relatives on Facebook.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:261204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.