Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Our Moment of Truth

This journalist is one I respect highly and have quoted him here before. Some important quotes: ”In 2017 a poll…found that 70 % of Republican respondents trusted the president more than they trusted the New York Times, The Washington Post or CNN. “The leftward lens is distorted by what historians call anachronistic fallacy, projecting today’s perspectives and values onto moments in the past.” “Liberals are slightly more anti-vaccination than conservatives.” And more. It’s not a long read but a necessary one.

JackPedigo 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How do you get people to willing say I will not longer listen to lies, hate filled rants and half truths?
How do you get people to refuse to engage people who name call and blame instead of having a meaningful conversation?
It is scary times we are in.

Those are big problems and we even have them here on this site. A lot of information is very uncomfortable and many don't want to hear it and tend to simply deny facts and vilify the messenger. Often, it is more about the messenger than the message.

If you read the comments from the article itself, it seems that the right wing are the only ones who comment. Of course their comments are ignorance personified.

I am glad the article came through. The Times, as Jon Talton said, is increasingly needing us to subscribe to get access. I live on an island and although we can buy the paper there are no deliveries so I only get the Sunday edition. I have enough periodicals and spent too much time online and don't want the online edition (and am living in a fixed income). A lot of important reports are increasingly being taken away from the mainstream unless one pays. I read the article from the paper not online so didn't see the comments.

@JackPedigo be glad you didn't see the comments. The typical no nothings who think they know everything!

@Redheadedgammy It's funny how that works. In the past I would glance at the comments and see a lot of rantings against items that criticized tRump. Sine there was a crackdown on Russian trolls those number have decreased. I think, in the end people hate things that criticize their way of life.

'merca has become to a collection of cults.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:264099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.