Agnostic.com

4 0

What books do I need to read?

What books do I need to read in order to be able to properly defend myself against religious bigots? Especially about the cell thingie?

warleone101 3 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why do you feel the need to defend yourself? Memorizing phrases from a book has never convinced myself of anything. What others choose to believe is completely up to them. I can't stand the thought of missionaries, and absolutely loathe the idea of there being agnostics going door to door.

Nonfiction

Varn Level 8 Jan 13, 2019
  • On the subject of evolution, I recommend Richard Dawkin's book, "The Blind Watchmaker."
  • On the subject of Christianity, I recommend the book, "Creating Christ: How the Roman Emperors Invented Christianity" by James S. Valliant.

On the "cell thingie", I have no idea what that is...

the rabbi j. by johannes lehmann -- there is nothing that annoys christians more than remembering that jesus, if he existed, was jewish
the naked ape, by desmond morris -- evolution is equally annoying
cosmos, by carl sagan -- even simply logic and historical facts irritate evangelicals

i don't know what the cell thingie is.

g

Ok, I'll try to look em up. Thank you!

@warleone101 good luck with the rabbi j -- it's out of print. but used book stores sometimes turn it up, and i found it on ebay once.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:265043
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.