Agnostic.com

2 2

Experiencing the Ratha Kalpana

Earlier tonight I was meditating and I had the most amazing vision. I was thinking about quantum physics and the idea of quantum foundations. I was envisioning quantum probabilities as expressed like warpy surfaces and shadowed areas in 4D that were created by our perceptions and shaping the universe around me that other perceptions had to navigate. I thought this might be something new but it turns out the hindu name for it is the Ratha Kalpana. The charioteer vision.

I always thought it literally meant a charioteer when I read it in the Katha Upanishad. It was used to talk about the interplay between the senses and the mind and the body and the self as the charioteer. But I realized tonight as I experienced it what they felt. They were drifting in space and moving forward which in those days was only really felt like someone being in some contraption like a chariot.

Now I know the vision they were describing. I can sense my self as being that very fabric upon which those probabilities are fabricated as my universe interacts with that of others' perceptions. Like some 4D topographical map.

It's nice to see I am not just crazy and that this is all part of a hindu philosophy samkhya. Also nice to see that my beliefs have a foundation in quantum mechanics and science. I think I am on the right path. It's nice to get these milemarkers.

JeffMesser 8 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just read your bio, and we are on the same wavelength kauva.

It will take some time to absorb all this. Namaste sir.

"I was meditating" and "I was thinking" are mutually contradictory.
One might meditate, or one might think, but not both.

thats not true at all.

@kauva "meditate" probably means a lot of different things to different people. I should notassume that the definition I accept is universal.
To me it an emptying of the mind. Thoughts are only allowed to wash through and are be ushered out as swiftly as possible.
But maybe that is just me.

@CallMeDave there are different kinds of meditation dave. It's unfortunate that when buddhist practice migrated to the west certain accompanying aspects were emphasized to the point where the entire subject became skewed and near unrecognizable. I don't want to curtail your personal experiences or interfere with your own enjoyment because we all follow the path we discover that works for us. So please don't take this in a dismissive fashion because I support zen efforts and practices. There is just more to it than what you have apparently seen or been exposed to.

@kauva You have no idea what I have seen and been exposed to. Condescend much?

@CallMeDave maybe you should apply that criticism to your own casual initial remarks? I was trying to explain, you were trying to limit.

@kauva clearly we have different ideas re:meditation.
My response to this fact was:
"meditate" probably means a lot of different things to different people. I should not assume that the definition I accept is universal."
Your response was: "There is just more to it than what you have apparently seen or been exposed to."

See the difference yet?

@CallMeDave so in the future I should assume that you WERE exposed to it but just too daft to make the connection? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. You did get mixed into the context of westerners telling those from eastern lineages that they are incorrect and for that I apologize. That's why I enlisted the caveat. But all roads lead to Rome. namaste

@kauva Don't namaste me you hypocrite.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:265418
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.