Agnostic.com

8 5

I have been using Coursera since about 2013 to further my knowledge if you don't want credit you can take the classes for free that's what I do because I'm just searching for knowledge. Has anybody else us this website?

[about.coursera.org]

[fastcompany.com]education-service-will-school-us-all

dc65 7 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get their emails and have for a few years now but I haven't taken the time to actually do any of the courses. I was in a relationship that took up a lot of my time and energy (he had a personality disorder we didn't know about, recently broke it off) and now I'm working on getting back into the job market and finding a place to live. Once I get settled I think I'll be jumping on there. Some of their courses award certificates so I think it will be a good tool to add things to my resume after being a stay at home mother, then divorced, then living with someone for years without really working much outside the home. I'm two math classes away from my Associates (Paralegal) and I'm hoping to get those done as well. I did a lot of my Associates online so distance learning isn't something new for me. I highly recommend it if you have self discipline, actually. I was living in Southern California at the time and it was so much easier than fighting traffic to get to the college! There are a lot more colleges doing online programs these days than there were when I began mine.

Would if I had more free time / energy. Don't have much time for elective learning as I still work full time.

[edx.org] is similar and I've done one with them.

Kimba Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

Thanks for the links...I'll check them out and get back you.

Nena Level 6 Feb 20, 2018

I am always reading and studying a few things. I just got done with the topic of slavery of women. It was promoted by my researching my own genealogy.

Hadn't heard of it. I'll check it out. I have used The Great Courses [www.thegreatcourses.com] which are very good. I have a few that I own but I have started borrowing them from my library.

No I haven't but am about to look into it, thanks for the link, I don't want any quals, useless at my age, but I will see if there are some interests of mine.

I've enrolled in a couple.

did you like the website? Did you complete the courses you took?
I completed several of classes

@dc65 No, I've been slacking and will have to restart at the next session. Haven't explored much beyond the two courses I started and promptly neglected...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26584
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.